Monday, June 25, 2007

Men Rant!!!

For all of those men out there who read my blog, this may be the day you DON'T want to read. I'm UPSET and SCREAMING MAD, so sorry if this offends you.

Jerks know what to say. They always know how to woo you, but then they show their TRUE colors. What am I doing wrong to attract such psychopathic men? Men that are one way one moment and another at a different moment . . . . Low expectations breed this. It takes courage and strength to stay away b/c I’m lonely for adult company. Jerks know this. Should I give up on men and dating all together? Black men? Oh, how I love them, but they drive me sooo crazy.

Lord, give me strength because I don’t the patience for this kind of drama all over again or the same stupid arguments. I know that not all men are like this. Maybe, it’s just the breed of men who are in my city. They always expect the home cooked meal & the milk on discount or for free. Nothing worthwhile is free . . .and chronic store discount prices lead to long term issues--issues you don't find out about until you get the merchandise home.

What is wrong with having high expectations for men? How hard is it to speak like a Christian AND act like one at the same time? How hard is it to genuinely listen to what I have to say? How hard is it to make time talk to me and not just on your break time? Can you take me out sometime—it doesn’t have to be some expensive date, just a thoughtful one. Why do you always expect that you can come over anytime you want? What are you hiding? Can you respect me for being curious and smart?

I’ve got to get OUT of this city. It must be something in the water. Our water supply must be tainted. Will it only be a few years before it starts affecting the women, too, with psychopathic/schizophrenic behavior? Or am I simply expecting too much?

3 comments:

Joel said...

Wow. Don't settle for immaturity. You teach children during the day, not in your personal time. :) The problem is that most real Christian guys don't want to come on too strong, so they don't do it at all. Therein lies the challenge.

Midwest Teacher said...

I feel your pain. Finding a guy, in ANY city, just plain sucks. And, when you think you finally have--whammo, something happens. So, I totally hear you cluckin' big chicken (a throwback saying from college). ;-)P

IB a Math Teacher said...

You'll have to settle. We're all jerks...at least 10% of the time.

Besides, how does a teacher even have time for relationships?