Monday, June 25, 2007

Another late night working . . .


So, its 2:39 in the morning and I’m still up. Since 9:00 PM, Sunday night, I’ve been working on cheer business. This can be added to the growing list of reasons that I will not return as to the cheer team after the 07-08 school year:



  • Somehow I seem to be investing more of my money in them than on me. Reason: Mrs. Finance does not reimburse for tax paid and she choose what things she will reimburse for & whether or not they were needed

  • The girls have too much drama

  • I want to go overseas—I have the fever after watching my friend Jennifer spend a year in Cameroon

  • Tired of making bill collection calls b/c they won’t pay their fees on time. It sucks to be the bad guy.

  • Fundraising. You’ve heard me whine about this before

  • It takes time away from my teaching

  • Lack of parental support. Parental support does not just mean send your dollars

  • I get tired of the gossiping and people who are plotting my overthrow. They fail to realize no one else wants to do this job and its NOT a requirement to keep my job. I talked with the Union Rep in detail about this. Extra-curriculars are not required to maintain your job.

  • I want a social life. Meeting guys at basketball/football games has not paid off. The ones that I have talked to turn out to be jerks. Not worth it!

  • Its time consuming: games, practices, competitions, summer activities, performances, pep ralleys

  • Sometimes they are down right ungrateful and disrespectful

I get more and more excited b/c I know my license will get here soon and I can go just about anywhere. But, I'll be careful about the job hunting . . . especially after hearing how so many teachers are finding the job market tight right now.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

In what kind of school would you like to teach? And what do you like better, history or sociology? I love history, although I must say that teaching sociology entails great discussions about society and current events, which both the students and I love. I guess the combination is just about right for me.

Teacha said...

It doesn't matter where I teach. I just know that teaching is my calling and I want to do it whenever, where ever. I want to teach overseas to get the opportunity to travel and see more of the world--kind of like a hands on approach to history. I like teaching both. . . history and sociology. I like sociology b/c of the hands on approach. I would always have the kids do some sort of activity and then discuss the activity and give them their notes. It was fun for them. But managing hands-on activities is somewhat difficult. I love history too--I love the story telling portion. I'm really excited b/c this year I get to teach African American history!!!!!

Teacha said...

P.s. Right now I'm teaching in a school that is Title 1 meaning more than 75% of our kids are on free or reduced lunch. Most of the kids are from very "urban" areas. Most of them, by the time they get to me, they MUST have a job outside of school. This affects my teaching/homework/assignments.