So, its 2:39 in the morning and I’m still up. Since 9:00 PM, Sunday night, I’ve been working on cheer business. This can be added to the growing list of reasons that I will not return as to the cheer team after the 07-08 school year:
- Somehow I seem to be investing more of my money in them than on me. Reason: Mrs. Finance does not reimburse for tax paid and she choose what things she will reimburse for & whether or not they were needed
- The girls have too much drama
- I want to go overseas—I have the fever after watching my friend Jennifer spend a year in Cameroon
- Tired of making bill collection calls b/c they won’t pay their fees on time. It sucks to be the bad guy.
- Fundraising. You’ve heard me whine about this before
- It takes time away from my teaching
- Lack of parental support. Parental support does not just mean send your dollars
- I get tired of the gossiping and people who are plotting my overthrow. They fail to realize no one else wants to do this job and its NOT a requirement to keep my job. I talked with the Union Rep in detail about this. Extra-curriculars are not required to maintain your job.
- I want a social life. Meeting guys at basketball/football games has not paid off. The ones that I have talked to turn out to be jerks. Not worth it!
- Its time consuming: games, practices, competitions, summer activities, performances, pep ralleys
- Sometimes they are down right ungrateful and disrespectful
I get more and more excited b/c I know my license will get here soon and I can go just about anywhere. But, I'll be careful about the job hunting . . . especially after hearing how so many teachers are finding the job market tight right now.