Thursday, June 14, 2007

A busy body's insomnia . ..

This is my second attempt at Thursday Thirteen. After, I finished it. I remembered that my original TT was supposed to be Lara's gift, but I will come up with something else before Saturday. Happy Birthday, Lara!



Things that keep me up at night
  1. Reading Blogs. It is addictive. No matter how much I try, I can never keep my google reader empty. If I miss one day, it throws me completely off and I have spend like an hour reading. Which leads me to #2
  2. Commenting on blogs. For some strange reason I feel like I have to comment. Why can't I just be a lurker?!
  3. Planning & prepping for the next day. Cheer is a very time consuming extra curricular. You have to plan for practices, fill out paper work, order supplies, call and beg people to fundraise as well as make bill collection calls. If only people would do what they are supposed to do

  4. Those durn naps. Who doesn’t love a good nap? Well t hey keep me up at night. And if I'm not blogging. . .

  5. You guessed it. . . I'm chatting. Yahoo and Aim see me a lot during the summer months. I even taught my mom how to use the webcam and voice features. So, now, even though we thousands of miles apart I still get see her frequently.
  6. DVR. This is the best invention since the VCR. I have loads and loads of stuff it. And when I'm bored; it makes TV worthwhile, especially since there is nothing decent on during the summer. Except: The Closer

  7. Worry, I stress about everything. I stress about my finances. I stress about things I said earlier in the day. Come to think of it, today, I said something totally inappropriate and I'm stressing about the ramifications of that. I'm wondering if going on antidepressants will cure me of this.

  8. Snacks. Turtle Chex Mix is WW friendly and is often my snack of choice.
  9. Writing and formatting my own blog. Honestly, I really love some of these fancy blogs like the Tense Teacher. . . I want mine to be that pretty, but I can't figure out how to make that happen.
  10. Phone conversations with my friends . . .

  11. Meditating, whining and wallowing in my singleness. Though its great to spend time alone and do what I want, when I want, sometimes it sad to sit here alone in this apartment.
  12. Researching things that I could use in my classroom. I shouldn't think so much about school, but I think it is that love what I do. I suppose it will wear off in a few years.

  13. Playing games on my cellphone. My favorite is Zuma


Links to other Thursday Thirteens!

1.

2. (Leave your link in the comments & I'll post it here)

Get the Thursday Thirteen code here!


The purpose of the meme is to get to know everyone who participates a little bit better every Thursday. Visiting fellow Thirteeners is encouraged! If you participate, leave the link to your Thirteen in others comments. It’s easy, and fun! Be sure to update your Thirteen with links that are left for you, as well! I will link to everyone who participates and leaves a link to their 13 things. Trackbacks, pings, comment links accepted!












3 comments:

Lara said...

to answer the question in number 2, you can't be a lurker because then we wouldn't get the benefit of your words in our blogs!

thanks for thinking of me for your TT - i'm sure whatever you decide to do will be great. :)

Anonymous said...

I just read your previous TT and could really relate to it. If you have any advice on how to become known as the mean teacher during the first month of the year, please tell me! This is exactly what went wrong this year and I don't want this to ever happen again!

Anonymous said...

The Closer is the best summer program. And I have a secret, embarrassing addiction to So You THink You Can Dance.