Thursday, June 28, 2007

Boredom = Random Thoughts = Blogging

I actually decided to vacation today. I had intentions of running errands, but they can wait until tomorrow, but as I’m sitting here doing nothing . . .these are my "vacation" thoughts:
  • I’m lonely. This is causing me to miss my ex-boyfriend. He is a “preacha,” but a jerk at the same time. He’s looking for a “preacha’s wife.” By all accounts, I’m a perfect candidate. . . except, as a result of him, I really don’t want to step foot in a church again. Maybe, that’s not completely true. You can only understand this if you’ve seen some of the ugliness that takes place behind the scenes in churches. Nevertheless, I miss him, but I refuse to any contact with him. Living that life is really difficult. And he’s too controlling, but according to him, I’m too controlling and don't want to let a man "lead," I just don't want to be someone's servant. Help mate, friend, lover, YES, those are titles i'm willing to accept. . . .I’m rambling. I think God has something better in store for me. . . for those of you who know me, could you really see me in a hat like this EVERY Sunday?
  • I’m hungry.
  • I’m sleepy, but I don’t want to take a nap. I don’t want to be up until three in the morning, again.
  • I’m tired of looking at the mess I’ve created this week in my apartment. I’ll get around to cleaning up this evening.
  • Maybe, I should just get out and do something instead of sitting here and be bored by daytime tv. Although, I love HGTV’s “Designed to Sell” and "Mission Organization."
  • I should really be saving to buy home of my own. But what’s the point when I’m trying to move overseas in the next year or two. I think it would be absolutely wonderful to live in Europe for about 5 years.
  • It is thundering outside. That always makes for a good NAP. . . ah, that’s the good life.
  • I've got to find a new title for my blog. Eric brought it up and now I'm mad at him! I won't change the web address. Just the title b/c technically, I'm entering my 3rd year of teaching. Thanks, Eric! I hope you can read the sarcasm ;-)
  • I can’t wait for my license to get here. It’ll be official, when it gets here.

I was really bored, so I took the following web quiz and it is now OFFICIAL. I already knew I was addicted to blogging b/c I have 65 feeds on my aggregator.


70%How Addicted to Blogging Are You?

Mingle2 - Online Dating



Why can’t I just sit and do nothing and think about nothing? My mind just keeps going and going and going. I normally don’t complain about breaks I get as a teacher, but my mind is still working. I want to veg out . . . somebody please make the noise stop. . . Internet monopoly here I come.


6 comments:

Lara said...

apparently i'm 84% addicted to blogging. go me! :)

Midwest Teacher said...

I'm one of those never stops thinking people either. It can be frustrating. That's why I read alot. It gets me thinking about something else, at least for a little while.
***
Doesn't it suck to miss the ex? Even when you KNOW you're better off, how aggravating to still think of them, eh?

Midwest Teacher said...

ps: I'm 73% addicted, but couldn't get it to post correctly. Bleagh--damn html.

CaliforniaTeacherGuy said...

Will you teach overseas, or do something else? I would love to live in a land far away for a while. May your dream come true!

Anonymous said...

Sounds to me now is a good time to see if there's an interesting guy out there not out to turn you into the perfect preacher wife! Takes care of that boredom nicely. :) As for your website, Eric's right! Time to become "How a Third Year Teacher Lives"! Congratulations, it's a statistical milestone :)

Anonymous said...

I think I fixed that link to that paper. I was having ALL sorts of trouble yesterday. I had two or three posts that would post and then disappear and then reappear and then disappear. My meter was pegging out. Anyway, it should be there. Thanks for letting me know! My name here links to the paper to make it easy for you.