Tuesday, May 01, 2007

Procrastination will be the death of me

I am a procrastinator. I’ve been procrastinating everything lately. Maybe I have spring fever, too. I know my kids at school have it. Maybe, that spring fever has infected me in the form of procrastination. Things I am procrastinating:

  • Getting out of bed each and every morning. This morning I didn’t get up until 6:30 and therefore, I was late to work 3 minutes, luckily the RED PEN didn’t catch me.
  • Sending the cheer announcements note for the week. Really, I’m procrastinating writing it and figuring out dates and times—also sometimes I dread getting responses from parents.
  • Planning a year end celebration for the cheerleaders. (I’m open to suggestions)
  • Creating this 6 weeks project sheet. The kids need to get it before next week. Thursday would be a good day.
  • Writing my semester exam. . . . urgggghhhh. . . .
  • Working on the cheerleaders accounts/statements. . . . urggghh, uurrrggghhh. . . I hate managing the financial aspects of cheer
  • Organizing and submitting paper work for this summer’s practices and camps. . . .uurrggghhh, urrrrgggghhhh, urrrrgggghhhhh.. . .

    Things I do to procrastinate
  • Read teacher blogs
  • Play on the WW boards\
  • Listen to books on tape
  • Check my email every 5 minutes like something new will be there
  • Eat/Drink. . . that’s been my favorite past time of late

The sad thing is I know that I am procrastinating and need to do these things, but these things are fun and require less of me.

4 comments:

Lara said...

i know just what you mean - i've been procrastinating so badly lately, and i'm sure it's only going to get worse. my morning wake-up time has been getting later and later, and i'm afraid i'll start being late, too! eep! :-P

Chatty said...

Hi, I came in from another teacher blog. I too teach - English. I totally get the procrastination problem. Hence, why I am here.:) So, hi!

Teacha said...

Chatty thanks for visiting. If you have a blog I'd like to check it out sometime. I am so grateful for the community of teacher bloggers online.

Anonymous said...

Boy, my procrastination is high and is becoming progressively worse. I, too, teach English and grading these papers and prepping for class week by week is killing me. I just am sick of the work and let it pile up so I procrastinate more and more. Any suggestions teachers? I cannot see a way out.