Thursday, May 03, 2007

Personal Vent

This post has nothing to do with teaching. I had planned to write about the events of my day--cause I had some good laughs today--but, I AM FURIOUS.

I rent an apartment--that should say a lot--and probably I should have expected this. Anyway, a few weeks ago (more like a month), I wake up to a leaking ceiling in my bedroom. The roofers had been installing a new roof and they left it open one night and of course it rained. The next morning, I immediately called the complex office to let them know. They said they would send someone to check on it and repair it. Nothing happened for a few weeks. Then one day, I arrived home early and happen to run into the maintenance guy outside my apt building. He asked about the leak and if it had been fixed. I told him no. He came in an looked at it--this was about a week and half ago. He stated he would take care of it. I assumed it would be a couple of days. Nothing happened.

Today, I get home and my bedroom doesn't look like I left it. They repaired the ceiling and there is a layer of white dust all over everything including the bed. At first I was embarrassed and upset because I had left my apartment messy. . . .down to leaving clothes and unmentionables on the floor. Now, I'm mad. Why? Because there is a white layer of dust all over everything. They could have at least told me the roofing people would be coming today so that I could prepare for it! I could have covered my stuff and made sure everything was put away. I don't even know how to handle this. . . I am furious and feel like my personal space was invaded. Should I say anything? I'm so mad I could throw a shoe. Its not right, they should have given me a warning--especially since they didn't make the repairs when they were supposed to. I thought writing about this would be therapeutic, but I'm still not over it. Maybe, tomorrow.

1 comment:

Lara said...

that's completely unacceptable. you should definitely write a letter of complaint for them to file. hopefully, they will change their policies in response. that's just so ridiculous. sorry about the white dusty crap. :(