Wednesday, May 02, 2007

The Countdown has started. . . . 18 days left!

Compliments are rare, but exciting in the world of teaching. I got some compliments today. I was complimented by another social studies teacher viewing the quality work of my children. They love the work that I am doing with them. It shows that I try to use a variety of the skills. I am so happy to even be acknowledged.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Today was another testing day. Another NON productive day! Anyway, my kids and I played games for a while. It was fun. I found out today that next week will be another testing week. So I’ve got to make the most out of the week. I’ll make sure I plan some things we can do to cover those last 2 chapters before the end of the year. Another teacher told me I should just give up, but I can’t. They need these two chapters.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
We have been assigned new classrooms for next year. I went up to preview mine. Its much smaller than the space I have now. First thing I’m doing this summer is looking at classroom layouts, so that this it can be organized in a way that doesn’t appear to be a lot of clutter. I’ve got start taking down all my stuff. . . urrrggghhh. I hope that the teacher in the current classroom get her stuff packed within a few weeks of school’s end, so that I can go in and start putting up stuff. I don’t want to have late nights of inservice, like this year. I want to be ready to go on the first day of in-service. I’m going to miss my room and the space. A LOT!!!

Another teacher and I will be team teaching a little next year. We are planning to get together throughout the summer to plan lessons that will align. It is strange that we can be teaching the same thing with different styles and still be affective. I am really beginning to love my co-workers and my school, despite the bad days.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Team Teacher reminded me that I definitely must love the cheerleaders, too. I DO! I want to see them succeed and I know that they can! Our coach came to our first practice and it was AWESOME!!!! I was able to sit down and get some paperwork done, but it was sooo awesome b/c they look so very good already. THERE IS A DEFINITE DIFFERENCE IN HAVING A MALE AND FEMALE COACH! Enough said.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Ah, end of the year...It's a long way for me, three more months. I don't know which grade I'm teaching yet, never mind which room. I will have to move rooms as well. Definitely not fun! Good luck with your two chapters. :)

Amy said...

YOU ONLY HAVE 18 DAYS?!?!? I have 32.

Grrrr....

We start our testing the week after next.

Grrrr....

SOOO jealous!!