Thursday, May 17, 2007

I'm tired Rant

I am not handling frustration well. At all! I feel like I’ve had it, today! Things I’m frustrated about and can do nothing to change:

1. I am tired of a child who is consistently late to practice b/c she has
to pick her mother up from work and then come back to school for practice. Today was the worst b/c she showed up over an hour late for practice.
2. I am tired of these children who feel they can skip practices as they choose. They want to be on the Varsity squad AND was given an advance schedule—but repeatedly do not show for practice and USE lame excuses. So am doing something about this: Continuing to give them demerits until they have eliminated themselves from the team.
3. I am sooooo very tired of practice starting late. B/c there is no set practice
area & we get booted from everywhere we practice b/c of scheduling conflicts—there is no master schedule & every sport takes precedence over us
. . .Which brings me to #4
4. I’m tired of running around everyday trying to figure out how & where we will practice. It’s a pattern of inconsistency that I CAN NOT stand.
5. I’m tired of girls getting an attitude & not wanting to condition. It’s the most absurd thing in the world. They know they need it. They know it is required. They
know its going to happen. Yet, they still complain about it. Its not
like other schools where they have specific morning practices dedicated to
conditioning that are much more of a challenge
6. I’m tired of being asked by these CHILDREN; why can’t you do it with us. You should. I’m not the one cheering or going to a competition, so I can do whatever I
want.
7. I am definitely tired of saying, “worry about yourself and not
what others are doing.” Everyone is minding someone else’s business and
worrying about stuff being fair. Mind you own business.
8. I’m tired of giving so much to ungrateful and mouthy children. If having your
own is like this, I don’t want ANY ever, especially if they are like this all the
time.
9. I am tired of being asked if, when and what fundraisers are going to be done AND GIVING THE SAME answer. I don’t organize them anymore,
its your parents' responsibility.
10. Mostly, I’m tired of the parents’ lack of responsibility and accountability. They ask constantly what I’m going to do and the real question should be “what am I as a parent going to do?”



I guess what this all boils down to is that I’m tired. I’m frustrated and I’m ready for this all to end. One more thing, I'm tired of this post b/c it won't format and it sounds like I'm whiney and grumpy--which is probably true.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Oh, #10. I could go on for pages on parents. And I just deal with them in terms of school- no extra-curriculars.
How much longer til school is out?

Teacha said...

Thank you again for viewing my blog. It's like my a release--i didn't really think people were interested in what I had to say.

Extra curriculars are a challenge. They are little to no pay, for headaches. . . but then there are the great times that makes it all worth it.

We have six more days! Woo hoo.

Jennifer Kennedy said...

Yup! I agree that parents need to be more responsible and accountable. This kind of stuff even happens in the 4th grade!! We teach our students through our actions as well as our non actions.

I'm loving your posts!