Friday, April 06, 2007

6 weeks left

There are approximately 6 weeks until school is out and I am rejoicing just like the children.  I like my job, but sometimes there is a need for a break.  My mom said:  “what about us who work year-round.”  Not to demean or belittle anyone else’s job. . . most jobs you can go to work, get your job done there and then come home and relax.  This happens very little in the industry of teaching—at least for teachers who are really trying to work.  I come home grade papers, attempt to reflect on the days lesson, adjust and prepare for the next day.  Usually, one day of the weekend is spent preparing for the next.  Unless you own a business, who spends their own money on supplies for their job including paper for the copier machine. . . .. .

Today, I did a simulation with my law class. .  . managing simulations are very stressful.  We completed a “who done it” exercise.  We took finger prints of all those in class, collect and analyzed samples.   Simulation activities are so very difficult for classroom management.  Students get excited and talk soooo much. . . .and if you need to give class instructions, its so difficult b/c you have to get them all to be quiet.  I guess I need to find classroom management strategies for activities such as these.  What I like about the assignment, is that it will lead to a mock trial.  

****side note:  there is a person World Geography Teacher who has been commenting on my blog, do you have a blog? If so what is the site?  Are you the same person who sent me a IM?****  

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I am the same person that has been commenting on your blog and I have IMed you. I have a blog myself it is: http://mysocalledteachinglife.wordpress.com/
I have not been keeping up with it as much as I should. I would love for you to see it and to continue talking with you.