Friday, March 30, 2007

A positive week

This stressful week is almost over!  It has been positive.   I’ll share why:
  1. I don’t believe that I have been surplussed.  However, I believe there are a total of 10 teachers who will not be returning next fall.  I feel blessed and reassured about another year.

  2. Cheer tryouts are officially over.  I have tallied the scores and now I just need to review them with my principal.  I hate it, but some good OLD girls will not be returning.  Maybe next year they will take things a little more seriously.  Additionally, I got major compliments from one of the principals I report to.  She stated that my tryouts were organized and of high quality.  

  3. My lessons were good this week AND my kids tested well on their quizzes for a change.  One of my fellow co-workers asked me how I do it all, I told her about some of the old “faithful” strategies that I’ve picked up from veteran teachers:  reading groups, map exercises & lots of Q & A.  I wouldn’t say my kids are learning a lot, but they are definitely active in class.  And there is very little down time.  One of my kids was telling me today, “ Miss A. this is the first free day we’ve had all year.”  It wasn’t even really a free day, b/c of a program, I gave them a worksheet to do AND I sat down.  They had 10 minutes to talk.  They thought this was a free day. . . .isn’t that funny!

No comments: