Tuesday, July 04, 2006

Oh, Brother!

In reading the comments, my brother said my site was lame and proceeded on a tangent about NOT increasing the minimum wage. BROTHER, dear, this is NOT your forum for your political and economic rhetoric--I hate to sound like a whining teenager, but its about me, period! And I can write about anything I choose to!

Now, on to other stuff . . .today was the 4th . I bbqed some pork and steaks and shared it with a friend. I don't have much to say about freedom and liberty, although "a friend" said that I should be grateful to live in this great land. Unfortunately, I can't help but to remember that this land was built by the backs of those who were stolen from their land and on land that was stolen from the people who were already here! Someone said I should get over it, because that is not where things stand today, but we can't forget our past--our history. Yes, I am grateful for all of the blessings God has given to me and that I can worship as I choose, but I still can't forget. Instead, I will use today to reflect on my freedom in Christ.

I look forward to tomorrow. . . I will begin work on the first 6 wks lesson plans and a classroom management plan.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hi "E",

I think that this was a great idea... Stick with IT!!1