Thursday, July 20, 2006

I Got PUNKED!!!

I think they like me and love me .. . cause they punked me tonight, almost to tears. I can honestly say “I GOT PUNKED.” I have a squad of practical jokers. Tonight, we were having a meeting to discuss cheer business. When we finished with business, the captain said they wanted have a lemon squeeze (its where they discuss anything that is on their mind that is bothering them). I said okay and we began. As the lemon was passed around, the some of the girls stated that they did not like the captain’s attitude. Others stated that our coach was yelling at them too much. The coach and one of the girls exchanged words. The girl (I’ll call her Boo) basically said that our coach wasn’t good. And some of the girls chimed in and said she wasn’t worth it and they didn’t want her here because the yelling. Things went haywire from there, the coach got up and screamed at them and said, I can get another job! She said, “I quit” and stormed out of the room. The other girls started quitting too. They actually pull their luggage out of their rooms, started throwing their fists at each other and calling their parents. I tried to be calm and take care of each of them and their concerns, but it kept get worse. .. I started to cry and screamed “stop it. . .I can’t believe I gave up my summer for this.” That when the told me they were just playing and I had been punked. I was so mad . . then I started to cry more. . . they came and hugged me, they said when they saw that first tear well up in my eye, they knew it was time to call it quits. I told them I will get them and I am going to get them good!!! Now, they are trying to plan a prank for the whole camp and get the lead instructor in on it. . .I laughed cause it’s a good idea, but they were NOT to do it without UCA’s approval.

They really are a good squad and good kids b/c everything they do is clean and they genuinely get along. What is interesting is that in the dorm, pretty much all of them stay in the same room at night time and they like it that. I am happy that fighting is not an issue, they are so eager to work to earn a place as a competitive squad. They are amazing.

No comments: