Thursday, March 22, 2007

Updating after a long time away

Someone reminded me that I haven’t posted in a really long time.  I didn’t even post over spring break.  I think I am suffering from BURN OUT!!! It is that time of year when getting out of bed every day is a chore. . . . I give a lot more worksheets, lecture less.  I wish I could find  a way to handle burn out a little differently, but I guess as I gain more experience and have more resources, I’m sure it will change.  

I was talking about team teaching with another teacher and possibly spending the summer to work on lesson plans for the upcoming year.  I really like that idea.  I think it would be great if our teaching/lessons were uniform.  Also, I like the idea of having everything laid out in advance and just having to review prior to teaching it.

Progress reports were given out yesterday and I gave a lot of Ns and Us in conduct.  Today they were whining and complaining that the people who did the most talking got Ss and Us.  I explained to them that errors were possible; however, they should consider their attitudes and behavior.  To be honest 5th and 6th periods are really working my nerves, it is sooooo difficult to get through these two classes.  

I’ll try to post pictures of my classroom etc on another day!!!

No comments: