Tuesday, March 27, 2007

Delivering disappointing news

I am in danger of being surplused. Today, I looked at the seniority list AND I am at the bottom. Which means they could send me to another school next year. I love my school and my job. I don’t want to go, but I PRAISE THE LORD, at least I will still have a job. I am THRILLED that I will be fully licensed in a few months. People are telling me not to worry because I am the cheer advisor and so that would make me stay over someone who is not doing anything. BUT STILL, this is a little stressful.

Cheer tryouts are this week and that is stressful, too. I’m not worried about the girls who are new, I’m worried about the old girls. Some of them simply believe because they were on the squad last year they are entitled to this year. I hate that I am going to have a battle on my hands in the next week or so; because I don’t want the same experience. I just don’t know how its all going to work out—but its like sitting on pins and needles. Don’t know what the judges are going to say OR how scores will run. I think the major reason I am worried is because I hate to see people have hurt feelings. But in life, there will be disappointments. I guess I’ve got to learn how deliver the disappointing news.

No comments: