Wednesday, August 09, 2006

Cleaning the classroom

I got a classroom!!!! And I am shouting it from the rooftops.  I feel bad for all of my other co-workers who are still floating, but I got a classroom!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!   Honestly, a few of my co-workers who I am closest to are still floating and I really feel for them; because, they have been teaching longer than I have, they are older than I am and they do deserve it.  I was talking to one of them on the phone and it is upsetting to them b/c some of the new teachers did get classrooms.  I am going to try and make this year easier on them; maybe do a few nice things for them.  

Okay, now on to other things.  I spent this week cleaning my room.  It was a science room and so I to clear out a lot of science stuff.  The football team and my cheerleaders helped me do this and we able to move about 10 tables and 30 desks and rearrange four computers and put out books and beakers and just tons and tons of stuff.  Without them, I would have been still looking at the room thinking, “where do I start?”  Now I’ve got maps and posters up on the wall and desks arranged . . . all I have to do now is put my stuff away and start with the lesson plans.  

I’ve only got to teach two subjects this year.  They are practical law and world history.  In practical law, the teacher’s guide gives a lot of simulations and even a moot court activity.  So this class’ activities should be very fun.  I’m looking for other things on the internet and I need to order some videos.

Tomorrow is freshmen orientation, so it will be another long day: A day when I get up around 5:30 and don’t hit the sheets until 10, but I am so glad to be working.  I believe all this working and staying busy maintains my sanity.  I’m so excited. . . I guess my next post will be about the first day of school.

No comments: